ORE STREAMS

FRECCE-SEZIONI-SX

VISIONARY ENTERPRISES

Aware of new policies to promote durability, and aware of the demands of consumers, not only the most visionary businesses, but also self-produced design, are developing new products that are easy to repair.

FRECCE-SEZIONI-DX
FRECCE_PROGETTI-02

Ore Streams

Formafantasma, NGV | Triennale di Milano
The Netherlands, 2017 0

FRECCE_PROGETTI-01
Ore_R_ore_streams_formafantasma_2017_28.R

Developed over the course of three years, the project investigate into the recycling of precious electronic waste, and uses diverse media addressing the topic of e-waste from multiple perspectives and to offer an insight into how design can be an invaluable agent for change.
Currently, electronics are the world’s fastest – growing waste stream, but only 30 percent of the West’s e-waste makes its way to appropriate recycling facilities. The remaining 70 percent is shipped, often illegally, to developing countries, where it is disassembled in poor working conditions, and toxic components of electronics are disposed of inappropriately.

Ore_R_ore_streams_formafantasma_2017_10.R
Ore-Streams-di-Formafantasma-objectsmag4
Formafamtasma_ore_streams_cubicle1_1-2
cover-18_ore_streams_formafantasma_2017